Birds of a Feather (or BoFs) are informal gatherings of like-minded individuals who wish to discuss a certain topic without a pre-planned agenda. BoFs are a great place to meet other members of the community with similar interests.
BoFs allow groups to meet and discuss issues relating to regular conference sessions or get together as a group of like-minded individuals to talk about common problems. BoFs can be serious, and a great way to gather the people you’ve been working remotely with on a project in a space to deep dive on a topic, but they can also be fun as well!
- Be respectful of pre-scheduled BoFs. If the rooms are all reserved, meet in the hallway!
- BoF rooms will be shared. Please be considerate of other groups in the room.
- Collaborate! If there are similar topics scheduled, contact the BoF owner to see if you can combine your topics. Alternately, if your BoF gets too large, it’s ok to splinter!
- Does your BoF complement an existing session? Talk to the session owner about plugging your BoF at their session if yours comes later!
- Don't abuse the BoFs. Sales, product demos or promotional sounding BoFs will be cancelled.
- Have fun and learn! The BoFs exist to provide attendees with an inclusive, informal environment in which to share ideas freely.
When can I schedule a BoF?
BoFs may be scheduled Tuesday-Thursday during regular session times and lunch.
Want to schedule a BOF? We'll be going old-school, hipster style, for our BOFs this year. You can schedule BOFs in-person at the event, beginning Tuesday, May 21.