This page is a listing of the many resources available for speakers presenting sessions at DrupalCon Portland.
- Important Dates
- Slide Deck Templates
- Speaker Check-Ins
- Speaker Training Webinars
- Speaker Badges
- Speaker FAQs
- Session AV + Setup
- Drupal Association Resources
March 5: Selected sessions published
April 2: Conference schedule published
Slide Deck Templates
If you don't want the hassle of creating your own slide templates for your presentation we invite you to use one of our official DrupalCon speaker templates. Please be sure to include a Session Title slide for session archiving purposes as well as a Session Evaluation slide to remind attendees to evaluate your session.
- Speaker Slides - Keynote (.key) 6.68 MB
- Speaker Slides - Open Office (.odp) 1.01 MB
- Speaker Slides - PowerPoint (.ppt) 1.01 MB
- Speaker Slides - PowerPoint (.pptx) 8 KB
We've structured three checkins with your track chair to go over deliverables and review session progress.
- March 22: Session Review
- April 19: Slide/Outline Review
- May 10: Presentation Review
Speaker Training Webinars
We are excited to provide these helpful webinars for speakers who wish to better prepare to present at DrupalCon.
- March 14: Getting Started
- April 25: Presentation Styles, Tips, and Tricks
- May 9: Delivery and Audience Management
How long are sessions? General sessions are 60 minutes and should include 10-15 minutes for audience Q+A. Core Conversation sessions may run at 15 minute and 30 minute increments.
How are speakers compensated? One speaker per session will receive a coupon code for complimentary registration to DrupalCon. We will notify all accepted speakers in advance of the earlybird ticket rate ending on March 15 so additional speakers can register for our lowest ticket rate.
How can I help improve my session's visibility in the community? Once you've submitted a session, promote it! Community comments help our selection teams better know what our attendees are interested in seeing at DrupalCon.
How can I help get my session get selected?
Be sure to read up on the track descriptions, which are the criteria our selection team will use to determine if a session is a good fit for the conference, and align your session topic with the Major Themes outlined.
Remember that site visitors can comment on your session to offer feedback and ask questions. Check back frequently to see what people are saying, use their comments to help clarify the intent of your session, and if appropriate, revise your session proposal based on their feedback.
How will my session be recorded?
We record the audio and slides live, as they are presented, and post to your session node following your session (generally within a few hours of delivery.)
Attendees like having a copy of session slides in addition to this recording, so we publish all speaker slides (to each speaker's respective node) on the first day of DrupalCon.
What permissions do I need to present?
Ensure you have explicit permission to share your company/client information, or at what level is appropriate to share. Proposing a session without permission is grounds for session cancellation.
Session AV + Setup
Setup times: Speakers are required to arrive at least 15 minutes early for setup. Speakers have access to the session rooms from prior to the first session of the day and also during the breaks.
What to bring
- Your laptop, with session slides loaded (it doesn't hurt to bring a backup USB)
- Your laptop's power adaptor
- A 110 volt power converter if you are visiting from outside the US
- A VGA cable if your laptop is a Mac or late model PC (we do not use HDMI projectors)
- A slide advancer, if you want one
What we'll provide
- 1 podium mic
- 1 table mic @ head table
- 1 audience mic on stand
- 1 switcher at head table (for up to 4 laptop inputs) to projector
- projector at 1024 x 768 VGA resolution
- 1 audio jack for laptop audio @ podium
- 1 screen - sizes vary per room
Speaker Ready Room (aka Green Room)
We will have a room reserved for all speakers to mentally prepare to present at DrupalCon. If you want to leave your bag, jacket, etc in the room, we will have a monitor stationed in the room during open hours. The Speaker Ready Room is C 121, located on the first floor of the Oregon Convention Center.