SaaS, Drupal Services and OAuth
Click here to watch SaaS, Drupal Services and OAuth.
"Software as a Service" (SaaS), is still not famous but very powerful feature of Services module for Drupal 7, and a key component of the revolutionary Drupal 8 core.
In this session you will:
- Be advised on why SaaS is a profitable business
- Be warned that you might already have a "gold mine" ready to be harvested
- Learn several key concepts of SaaS: "endpoint", "consumers", "REST" and "2-legged OAuth"
- Learn the difference between secure authentication(OAuth) and secure data transfer(HTTPS)
- Learn tips to design lightweight and intuitive Web services and why you should care about that
- Be guided step by step on how to configure a SaaS server on Drupal 7
- Learn how to use JSON to turn your Drupal site into a data storage (and perhaps a big one)
And... as a Bonus(if demo goes smoothly)... will show you how to "feed" and/or "consume" your new "little SaaS monster" using Guzzle PHP library (included in Drupal 8 core). In short, how to make Drupal 7 and 8 talk in JSON language.