Using Backbone.js with Drupal 7 and 8
Click here to watch Using Backbone.js with Drupal 7 and 8.
I have real working experience with Backbone.js and am currently writing a book about it for Packt Publishing. In this session I will introduce you to the Backbone.js library and answer the following questions:
- Why do people use Backbone.js?
- Why was Backbone.js committed into Drupal 8?
We will also:
- Find similarities between Backbone and Drupal (entities, views, hook_menu and even Form API).
- Get familiar with Backbone.js and Underscore.js.
- Understand data fetching techniques like bootstrapping or REST.
- Learn how to work with the Backbone module for Drupal.
For dessert we will:
- Understand what the WSCCI (“Whiskey”) initiative means for Backbone.js integration.
- Speak about better integration of Backbone.js with Drupal 8 core.
Please, vote for this session and share your thoughts!