Absolute Beginners Guide to Drupal
This class really is aimed at absolute Drupal beginners.
You'll learn all of the key concepts you need to understand, navigate and use a Drupal site.
You'll learn how to build a Drupal 7 site, from content and user organization, to working with modules and themes.
A Video Introduction to The Class
What we cover in the class
- Part 1: Introduction to Drupal: What? Who? When? Why?
- Part 2: Installing Drupal
- Part 3: Navigating the Drupal interface
- Part 4: Understanding Drupal content
- Part 5: Managing Drupal content using content types
- Part 6: Adding data fields to Drupal content
- Part 7: Choosing and configuring modules
- Part 8: Choosing and configuring themes
- Part 9: Configuring and working with Drupal user permissions
- Part 10: Building a full Drupal site so that students can practice everything they learned during the class
Every Attendee Gets 7 Benefits
- Live training: Practical, hands-on training from experienced Drupal teachers
- Book: A copy of Drupal Explained, a 400+ page book version of the class
- Cheat sheet: All the key information from the class in one useful guide
- Support: Six months of forum support with same-day answers to your questions
- Videos: Six months of access to our online Drupal training and support
- Completion certificate: A personalized completion certificate
- T-shirt: A unique and beautiful OSTraining t-shirt
How Do We Help You Learn?
We aim to provide you with a complete training experience:
Before the class: After you register for the class, you get access to all of our online Drupal training and support. We encourage you to watch as much as possible before the class so that you can arrive prepared and ready to ask questions.
In the class: Our teaching style is entirely hands-on. You'll have a Drupal site in front of you and will be actively working and learning throughout the class. We also provide you with a book version of the class so that you have a record of everything that you did in the class.
After the class: You get months more of access to our online Drupal training and support so that you can keep learning and progressing.
Rod and Steve taught this class at DrupalCon Chicago, London and Denver.
At Denver it was the course with the highest rated student satisfaction out of all the courses, even with over 30 students.
The reason we can teach the class so well is that we teach it all year round. We've been teaching and improving the class for several years. On average we teach the class four times every month.
There are no pre-requisites for this class. We assume that all students start with no Drupal experience.
This is class is aimed at absolute Drupal beginners. We aim to take Drupal newcomers and get them ready to fully take part in DrupalCon.
This training is sold out
This course will not have a waitlist. If you want to try to get into this course we recommend showing up Monday, May 20 at 8:00am and checking to see if there are any cancellations.