Lessons in Spark UX: Prototype, User Test, Iterate
Click here to watch Lessons in Spark UX: Prototype, User Test, Iterate.
This session is an overview of the work the Spark team undertook to validate our development process on the Edit and Layout modules as well as the new administrative interface. We'll talk about how we accommodated the fast-moving nature of the product and synthesized community feedback. We’ll discuss our prototyping process in conjunction with our usability research and testing, which yielded important findings for user experience and addressed development issues from the outset of the design process. We’ll also present some ideas generated by our work on Spark that might be useful for general community contributions and future projects.
- Spark in Drupal 8 core: An overview
- Why user testing was necessary for a newly mobile-oriented Drupal
- Spark and the Drupal community
- In-place editing: Design considerations and technical limitations
- Mobile WYSIWYG: Mobile touch affordances, icon fonts, and accessibility
- Responsive menus, toolbars, and admin UI
- Responsive layout building
- Overall considerations and questions: Implications for Drupal
- How to get involved in the Spark project: Testing and contributions
Questions this session will answer:
- What did we consider most important while working on Spark?
- What findings during testing were the most enlightening for our community?
- What ideas from Spark might be inspirational for the community at large?
- What were the big takeaways from this approach?
You should attend this session if you are interested in design and UX processes, Drupal 8 and how Spark was built.