What Users Want (or Why Webpages are Dead)
Click here to watch What Users Want (or Why Webpages are Dead).
Mobile devices sales have overtaken PC sales. Social media is where people now connect. Lives are stored in the cloud. As technology becomes increasingly mobile and social, how should we be thinking about information access and delivery? What do users really want from their devices and services? How is Drupal addressing these changing needs?
This session explores questions around how understanding users' needs can help you frame and make sensible decisions around technology in this fast and ever-changing landscape:
- How do we keep up with the flood of new technology and services?
- What should we focus on, in our next generation web redesign?
- Why/how should we support mobile? social? responsive design?
In order to answer these questions, we explore the following key themes:
- Devices and contexts users are interacting with web-based technologies .
- Value and strengths of web, social and mobile to the user experiencer.
- Flexibility of Drupal 7 & 8 in supporting multi-channel delivery ecosystems.